Construction Superintendent – Orlando
Job Positions : Construction Superintendent
- Address : Clay County,Florida,Orlando
A Construction Superintendent will manage all functions of the construction job site as it relates to building quality residential homes; supervise construction from dirt start through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence, and ensures quality assurance and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process.
Detailed day to day expectations include:
- Plan and direct trade partners in the construction and completion of quality residential homes.
- Will be responsible for scheduling report (slab to frame, frame to mechanical, drywall to cabinet and cabinet to final).
- Ensure consistent application of “Even Flow”, homes completed per schedule (daily starts, closings and monthly deliveries).
- Produce accurate and consistent production schedules to ensure minimal overall cycle times.
- Schedule and monitor trade partners during the entire construction process from start to closing.
- Informs and trains trade partners regarding company policies and procedures, including safety and OSHA compliance.
- Approve trade partner’s purchase orders and invoices for assigned homes, while ensuring completion of work in a quality and timely manner.
- Maintains trade partner scorecards on performance and submits to purchasing.
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold trade partners responsible for daily clean-up.
- Interact with Architecture, Engineering, Studio, Purchasing and Closing Department and considers their input/deadlines during the process to ensure timely quality construction.
- Continually strive for superior referral ratings-Responsible for executing all home deliveries 100% complete and signed off by closing with the customer.
- Monitor and resolve customer or construction concerns to facilitate smooth final closing process.
- Maintain weekly contact with every customer.
- Deliver Pre-Construction and Pre-Drywall orientations with buyers to reinforce contact with buyer throughout the construction process.
- Deliver a consistent and effective homeowner orientation to ensure the buyer experiences a positive transition to their new home.
- Participate in Community Teams, and take ownership of construction matters/issues. Works directly with the sales force with an emphasis in teamwork and customer satisfaction.
Safety & Quality Standards:
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies’ regulations.
- Facilitate weekly safety meetings with staff and trade partners.
- Ensure Quality Checkpoints are completed and provides daily status updates on the construction progress on each unit.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of SWPP for the construction site.
- High school degree or equivalent required-Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of construction experience in homebuilding or related real estate industry, or applicable construction management training required
- 2 – 5 years of construction experience with a production home builder preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong experience in delivering high quality customer service programs.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating teams, employee development, and being results oriented
- Strong people skills, including the capability to handle various personalities and develop professional relationships
- Action oriented, with the drive to push projects and tasks to successful closure
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions from the customer’s perspective
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other’s ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Makes quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data and/or metrics