Purchasing Agent – Georgia
- Address : Clay County,Alabama,Yulee
Dream Finders Homes is a private, national New Home Builder dedicated to building the highest quality constructed homes at the most affordable prices. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, Dream Finders Homes is nationally recognized as one of the fastest growing private homebuilders in the United States. In only three years, the company has jumped from #82 in 2016 to #36 on the Top 100 New Home Builders by Builder Magazine for 2019. Dream Finders Homes is defining the future of new home construction with its unique designs, superior quality materials and a strong focus on customer satisfaction. Dream Finders Homes is your dream builder, building the American Dream one home at a time.
Dream Finders Homes is seeking top candidates to join our growing team! We are looking for team members who have a drive for excellence and a competitive edge in the industry. We are pushing growth and success across the nation with several opportunities for a successful career. We want to help you achieve your potential.
The Purchasing Agent will support the purchasing and construction departments to deliver quality homes on time and within budget. The purchasing agent will ensure that all contractors and vendors are approved to work and contracted to build homes at competitive prices that meet predetermined schedules and company expectations. You will be responsible for keeping Newstar accurate and updated. You will be attend quarterly trainings for field personnel and award meetings.
- Set up new vendor and trade packages.
- Maintain three competitive bids for each homebuilding task and upload into Newstar.
- Send DocuSign pricing agreement to trade partners and file in database.
- Assist Purchasing Manager in recruiting new vendors and trade partners.
- Maintain accurate bids and updated costs each month.
- Ensure contracts are complete and accurate prior to new community starts.
- Assist with Architectural and structural plan updates from the field.
- Create and revise purchase orders in construction software for new starts and changes.
- Analyze purchase orders on job start report and revise when necessary.
- Assist with setup of new plans, options, communities, takeoffs and colors.
- Maintain rebate-tracking systems.
- Review and price lot specific changes and coordinate with construction/trades/sales.
- Maintain vendor contact list.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of specification documents.
- Perform related administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
- BA in Construction Management, Building Sciences or related discipline
- 2+ years of residential homebuilding Purchasing or Operations experience
- Experience recruiting, negotiating with, and interpreting/enforcing scopes of work for a large trade base
- Proven experience with a large, production builder – specifically with complex option offerings
- Construction estimating / P.O. driven software knowledge – i.e. Newstar, Sage, Buildsoft, FAST would be highly beneficial
- Proven experience with floorplan development and design
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities or projects