Purchasing Agent – Orlando
Job Positions : Purchasing Agent
- Address : Clay County,Florida,Orlando
Support the Division to deliver homes on time, on quality and on budget. Ensure that all contractors and vendors are approved to work and contracted to build homes at competitive prices that meet predetermined schedules and quality expectations. Ensure that Newstar is 100% accurate and updated.
This role will help us to improve in the following areas:
- Vendor management – recruitment, bid collection, price negotiation, specification detail, bid competitions
- New plan development and existing plan library streamlining/value engineering
- Newstar system set-up, maintenance, and customization as needed
- Material take-offs and verification on existing and new product/categories as necessary
- Liaison with internal Construction and Sales Management regarding plan/vendor/material adjustments
- Ongoing process improvement tasks between purchasing, design studio, and sales
- Set-up new vendor and trade packages.
- Maintain 3 competitive bids for each homebuilding task and upload into Newstar.
- Send pricing agreements to trade partners and file in database.
- Assist Purchasing Manager in recruiting new vendors and trade partners.
- Maintain accurate bids and updated costs each month by the 15th of the month.
- Ensure contracts are 100% complete prior to new community starts.
- Assist accounting with any outstanding payment issues.
- Assist sales team with creating and validating accurate option pricing.
- Assist with architectural and structural plan updates from the field.
- Create and revise purchase orders in Newstar Enterprise for new starts and changes.
- Assist with setup of new plans, options, communities, takeoffs, and colors.
- Maintain rebate tracking systems.
- Review and price lot specific changes and coordinate with construction/trades/sales.
- Maintain vendor contact list.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of specification documents.
- Uphold Culture at all times.
- Accomplish Critical Tasks and Basic Responsibilities.
- Be supportive of company employees and management.
- All questions, comments and concerns to be brought to your manager.
- Respond within 24 hours to all calls and emails.
- Participate in monthly goal sessions.
Desired qualifications for this role would include:
- BA in Construction Management, Building Sciences or related discipline
- 5+ years of residential homebuilding Purchasing or Operations experience
- Experience recruiting, negotiating with, and interpreting/enforcing scopes of work for a large trade base
- Proven experience with a large, production builder – specifically with complex or custom option offerings
- Proven experience with floorplan development and design
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities or projects
- Strong computer/technology skills, specifically with Microsoft Excel, Newstar (or equivalent PO/cost system), BlueBeam (or equivalent CAD), and BuildPro (or equivalent vendor facing payment/scheduling system)
- Experience with construction estimating, bid analysis, plan take-offs, and price reasonableness evaluations